The World Series of Poker (WSOP), part of Caesars Entertainment, announced Friday the 2022 edition of WSOP Online, a comprehensive online-only festival with offerings across both WSOP.COM in the United States and exclusive partner site GGPoker for all international territories. WSOP Online 2022 marks the third year of the online tournament series.
Following the 53° annual WSOP on the Las Vegas Strip, which awarded $347.9 million in prize money to 197,626 entrants, WSOP Online 2022 will feature official gold bracelet tournaments and wall-to-wall side action on both GGPoker (Aug. 14-Sept. 27) and WSOP.COM (Sept. 10-Oct. 18). Each bracelet winner from WSOP Online 2022, both international and domestic, will earn a seat at the Tournament of Champions during the 2023 WSOP in Las Vegas.
For the third time, GGPoker will play host to the $5,000 No-Limit Hold’em World Championship, known better to poker players and fans as the WSOP Online Main Event. That event, which holds the Guinness Book of World Records mark for a prize pool in an online poker tournament, will again feature a $20 million prize pool guarantee.
Senior VP and Executive Director of the WSOP, Ty Stewart, said: “No one wanted to see this year’s WSOP come to an end. However, in many ways, the return of WSOP Online is even more exciting. Together with GGPoker, we have a clear vision to make this festival annually the biggest deal in online poker so that the WSOP offers players the marquee event in both live and online poker each year.”
🔥2022 GGPoker x WSOP ONLINE🔥
It’s time once again. $20M Main Event + $10M Mystery Bounty and much more! Find more about GGPoker x WSOP ONLINE @ https://t.co/A753KUVax4.
— GGPoker – World’s Biggest Poker Room (@GGPoker) August 5, 2022
GGPoker will offer 33 bracelet events with buy-ins ranging from $100 to $10,000. Highlights include the following tournaments:
- $1,111 Every 1 For War Relief – Sunday, August 14
- Million Dollar Mystery Bounty – $10M GTD, 1M Top Bounty Prize – $210 buy-in – Monday, August 22 (Day 2)
- $10,000 Heads UP NLH Championship [No Late Reg, 128 Cap] – Saturday, August 27
- $10,000 Super MILLION$ High Roller NLH – $5M GTD – Sunday, August 28
- $1,500 MILLIONAIRE MAKER NLH – $5M GTD, $1M for 1st – Monday, August 29 (Final Day)
- $100 FLIP & Go NLH – $1M GTD – Monday, September 5 (Go Stage)
- $1,050 WSOP GGMasters HR Freezeout NLH – $2M GTD – Sunday, September 11
- $400 COLOSSUS – $3M GTD – Monday, September 19 (Final Day)
- $5,000 No-Limit Hold’em World Championship – $20M GTD – Monday, September 26 (Day 2)
Online satellites for all WSOP Online 2022 international bracelet events will run at GGPoker, allowing players to make their way into these events and take a shot at WSOP gold for less.
New GGPoker players are eligible to claim the poker room’s Welcome Bonus, earn more rewards with the Honeymoon for Newcomers promotion, and automatically join GGPoker’s Fish Buffet loyalty program, with regular cash prizes offered.
Daniel Negreanu, GGPoker Global Ambassador and winner of six WSOP gold bracelets, said: “Online bracelets are just as prestigious as live tournament bracelets. I’m glad that we’re creating a new tradition to celebrate the online game, and I’m striving to add my first WSOP Online bracelet to my collection.”
WSOP Online on WSOP.COM, available to players physically located in Nevada or New Jersey, created prize pools of more than $25 million in both 2020 and 2021, making it the richest domestic online tournament series of all time.
This year, the action is expanded to Michigan and Pennsylvania for the first time with six weekly bracelet tournaments each, for players geolocated within those state borders, in addition to the 33 bracelets that will be awarded on the Nevada and New Jersey shared liquidity network.
Buy-ins will range from $365 to $10,000 with WSOP.COM’s Online Championship set for $1,000 on Sunday, October 16. The online offering is scheduled adjacent to a series of notable live tournaments in Las Vegas this fall.
Out-of-state players are invited and encouraged to participate in the series so long as their device is geolocated within state borders. Players are highly encouraged to test their account and geolocation services in advance of any tournament.
WSOP.COM highlights include the following tournaments. Daily satellites for all WSOP Online 2022 bracelet events will be available on WSOP.COM.
- $500 Monster Stack – Sunday, September 11 in all markets (NV/NJ, PA, MI)
- $400 PLOSSUS 6-Max – Saturday, September 24 (NV/NJ Only)
- $365 No Limit Hold’em Turbo Deepstack – Thursday, September 29 (NV/NJ Only)
- $777 Lucky 7’s – Sunday, October 2 in all markets (NV/NJ, PA, MI)
- $1,500 No Limit Hold’em – Tuesday, October 4 (NV/NJ only)
- $500 Big 500 No Limit Hold’em – Sunday, October 9 (NV/NJ, PA, MI)
- $1,000 WSOP Online 2022 Championship-Sunday, October 16 in all markets (NV/NJ, PA, MI)
- $10,000 Super High Roller [1x Re-entry] – Tuesday, October 18 (NV/NJ Only)